Technical Help?: Support & Downloads
Multi Format SD/HD, MPEG-Encoder for Digital Media Distribution over IP (779)
The MediaStar Evolution range of MPEG Encoders are a powerful and ultra reliable, solid state "out of the box" solution for all encoding needs and when used in conjunction with the MediaStar DVB-T and DVB-S LAN-casters, will meet your entire IP Television Headend, Digital Signage and Digital Media encoding and IP distribution requirements.
Models: 779-S-SD, 779-S-720p, 779-S-HD, 779-S-HLS.
The MediaStar Evolution MPEG encoder streams live video and audio feeds from cameras, set top boxes and DVD players to distribute news, sport and entertainment directly onto your IP network.
The unit is stand-alone, housed in a robust metal case with front panel display and controls and rear panel video inputs.
Its unique multi format input circuitry allows users to input content in a wide variety of video and PC formats, HDMI; YPbPr; S-Video and CVBS as well as RGBHV. In addition the 779 has an onboard scaling engine, providing the ability to transcode SD TV inputs to HD resolutions.
Each unit can encode an incoming digital or analogue video to an H264 or MPEG2 format at either HD or SD resolution and stream it over an IP network to any PCs using the MediaStar Evolution desktop viewing software (Part 761) or video screens equipped with MediaStar Evolution Digital Media Decoder (Part 780). In addition, in HLS mode it can stream to a MediaStar HLS server (Part 700-469) to serve iOS or Android laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Initial configuration and stream setup using a laptop or tablet can be via the built in web server with its advanced web UI or by simply using the front panel buttons and LCD status display. Alternatively, multiple units within a system can be networked under the control of the Evolution Media Manager software (Part 467).
Front panel RS232 and USB Comms connectors allow local connectivity and can also be utilised to pass IP command signals generated by remotely located Touch Screens and management systems, for control of headend located RS232 devices.
Twin Infra red blasters support IR Routing. This enables IR commands from III party RCUs to be passed back from any display screen equipped with a MediaStar Media Decoder (Part 780) to the 778 for the control of other headend located IR devices.
A unique SD to HD, HD to HLS software upgrade option enables cost effective SD system implementation with future proofed full HD or HLS capability ensured, all with no hardware change.
This coupled with maintenance free operation, small physical size and low power consumption make the 779 ideally suited for both large scale distributed applications or simple single unit deployments.
Included within the scope of delivery:
779 Encoder Unit; AC Mains cable; Quick Start Guide; RJ45 Cat-5 patch cable; 1.5m HDMI cable; 1.5m YPbPr component video cable; 2m SVGA cable (15 way HDD plugs); 1m 3.5mm jack 2 x Phono (audio) cable; IR Blaster assembly (Part 911-4153).
- System Inputs
- Encoding &
- Network & Interfaces
- Other Information
- Companion Models
- HDMI 1.3 Digital - Resolutions: All YPbPr/RGB (SoG) and VGA resolutions listed below
- YPbPr/RGB (SoG), via phono connectors - Resolutions 480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 720p50, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i60, 1080p25, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p60
- VGA, via female HD-15 connector - Resolutions: 640x480@60Hz, 800x600@60, 1024x768@60, 1280x720@60, 1280x800@60, 1280x1024@60, 1366x768@60, 1440x900@60, 1600x1200@60, 1680x1050@60, 1920x1080@60, 1920x1200@60(RB)
- S-Video: via 2 x phono connector
- CVBS: via 1 x phono connector, PA /NTSC
- HDMI socket, PCM digital stereo audio
- 3.5mm jack socket, analogue stereo audio, 2.2V pk-pk into 10k Ohms
- MPEG 4-10/H.264 MP@L4, CBR/VBR encoding, supported bit rates 1.5 Mbps to 12 Mbps
- MPEG-2 MP@ HL, CBR/VBR encoding, supported bit rates 1.5 Mbps to 15 Mbps
- MPEG-1 Layer 2- 32, 44.1, 48 KHzsampling, 64 - 448 Kbps Stereo
- AAC LC encoding - 16, 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 KHz sampling, 40 - 576 Kbps Stereo
- Multicast/Unicast UDP MPEG2-TS
- Multicast RTP video and audio streams (for use with Quicktime via onboard RTSP server)
- HLS - HTTP Live Streaming
- Model 778-S-SD: 480i, 576i
- Model 778-S-720p: 480i, 576i, 720p50, 720p60
- Model 778-S-HD: 480i, 576i, 720p50, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i60, 1080p25, 1080p30
- Model 778-S-HLS: All UDP stream resolutions as Model 778-S-HD (shown above) plus HLS only resolutions: 352x288@25Hz, 640x576@25Hz, 352x288@30, 640x360@30, 640x480@30, 1280x720@30
- RJ45 802.3 10/100/1000 Base-T Auto MDIX
- Static or DHCP IP Address
- DSCP stream tagging for QoS
- UDP, TCP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, IGMP V2, HTTP, Telnet, SNMP, Syslog, SAP/SDP, SMTP, DSCP, HLS
- USB 2.0, type A: Host port for software upgrades
- USB 1.1, type B: Serial Comms for external configuration and/or control
- Rx, Tx, CTS, RTS up to 115,200 Baud Configured for SIPI external configuration/control or IP to RS232 bidirectional pass through for external device control
- 2 separate outputs supporting Sky, Sky+, SkyHD IR formats with web page or IP command remote activation.
- Remote IP command generates any IR remote control keypress
- 30 - 56 KHz modulated IR waveforms supported
- Via On board web server using laptop or tablet
- Via front panel buttons and LCD status display
- Remotely using MediaStar Media Manager software
- RS232, USB 1.1 serial interface
- Telnet for third part connectivity via TCP control such as touch panel interfaces
External IP control interface:
- ASCII Command/configuration via IP interface
- USB comms and RS232 comms interfaces
- Enablement codes to upgrade models from SD to HD, SD to HD & HLS (in situ, all with no hardware change required)
- Fully upgradable with ONLY protected Cabletime software from an HTTP server or by front panel USB Key
- SAP (Session Announcement Protocol) notification of IP streams
- Unit operating temperature available remotely via web interface
Event and Status Monitoring:
- Key operating functions reported via SNMP or Syslog traps sent to third party SNMP manager (MIB available on request)
- Automatic e-mail of Event log files via external SMTP server
- Front panel LED unit status indicators
- 3 pin IEC Male 100-240V AC, 47-63Hz, 0.3A - 0.15A
- Dissiption 20W
- 1.400Kg (48oz)
- W191 x D225 x H44mm (W7.5" x D8.8" x H1.75")
- 0º - 40ºC (32 - 104 ºF)
- FCC, CE, CB, TUV Approved
Companion Models & Accessories:
- 467 Evolution Media Manager Software
- 761 Desktop Viewing Application
- 770 Powered Rack and Mounting Kit
- 771-RP Spare PSU for 770 rack
- 780 Digital Media Decoder
- 911-4153 IR Blaster assembly