Technical Help?: Support & Downloads
MediaStar 780 QuickPlay Digital Media Decoder
The MediaStar 780 QuickPlay decoder is a simple-to-use digital signage player. It connects to a display via HDMI or Component Video (YPbPr) and plays digital media files that have been uploaded from a USB memory key.
The unit will play a wide variety of video and still image files that are prepared using the QuickPlay File Converter software, included with the starter pack. PowerPoint 2010 presentations can be saved as .WMV files and input to QuickPlay File Converter.
Using the QuickPlay File Converter software, video and image files are sorted into the preferred playback order, then converted and copied onto a USB memory key. Simply insert the memory key into the QuickPlay unit and it automatically uploads the files and plays them out.
For future expansion, the units can be upgraded with a simple ‘Enablement Code’ to support full MediaStar Evolution system functionality as your digital signage requirements grow to a fully networked digital media delivery system.
- Channel, volume and setup control via MediaStar Remote Control Unit.
Control through on-board IR receiver or using an IR extender.
- Serial port, up to 115200 baud for screen on/standby/input control.
- Latest software can be loaded either through an IP connection to an http server or by inserting a USB key.
- 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p50/60Hz, 1080i50/60
(25, 30 frames per second)
- MPEG1 part2, AAC–LC, AC3 Dolby Digital Plus.
- 1 x USB 2.0 high speed Host.
- Memory Stick (for software and Media upgrades only).
- Integrated IR Receiver.
16.5cm x 9.5cm x 3.1cm 6.5" x 3.8" x 1.3"
0 -5°C - 45°C ; 22 - 113°F
5VDC, 8W, 10W for power over Ethernet variant
100-240VAC, 47-63Hz Output: +5VDC (+/- 5%), 2.0 - 3.5 Amps, with a DC jack plug (center positive voltage, 2.5/5.5mm).